Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills has put one together on your behalf.
•Do your research
•Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
•Inspect the vehicle
•Take a test drive
•Get a vehicle history report
•Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
• Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
• Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
• Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
• Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive from El Dorado Hills to Rancho Cordova, making sure you can reach up to 60 mph. You want to know the vehicle can handle going longer distances, as well as around Folsom streets.
• Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
• Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership to avoid scams. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $15,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle.
Check Out Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills
You should find a wide selection of used Mercedes-Benz vehicles and non-Mercedes-Benz vehicles in our inventory. Also, be sure to check out our blog for more tips, from preparing your car for summer to when you should change your oil.
Contact Us Online Shopper removes the many hassles of traditional car shopping by letting Folsom and Shingle Springs shoppers buy a car almost entirely online. Start the process by heading to the inventory page for a new Mercedes-Benz or used car; hit “Explore Payment Options” to begin. Online Shopper’s job is to make it easier for…
Contact Us Two of the most notable events in the world of Mercedes-Benz include the production of the Sprinter in 1995 and the Metris ten years later. The new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Metris and ideal for all sorts of industries, but which best suits your business’s everyday tasks? Compare the Sprinter vs. Metris below to…
Contact Us A global automobile mark based out of Germany, Mercedes-Benz is a division of the Daimier AG company. Known for developing a wide array of premium luxury cars, buses, and vans, Mercedes-Benz has its headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany. While development continues to be based out of Germany, there are Mercedes-Benz production factories throughout the…