Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills has put one together on your behalf.
•Do your research
•Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
•Inspect the vehicle
•Take a test drive
•Get a vehicle history report
•Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
• Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
• Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
• Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
• Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive from El Dorado Hills to Rancho Cordova, making sure you can reach up to 60 mph. You want to know the vehicle can handle going longer distances, as well as around Folsom streets.
• Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
• Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership to avoid scams. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $15,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle.
Check Out Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills
You should find a wide selection of used Mercedes-Benz vehicles and non-Mercedes-Benz vehicles in our inventory. Also, be sure to check out our blog for more tips, from preparing your car for summer to when you should change your oil.
More Blogs Explore the Safety Features of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE Learn More Service Center Blending Safety and Luxury in a Fine SUV Since its debut in 2015, the Mercedes-Benz GLE became renowned for its smooth rides, sophisticated design and unrivaled comfort. But what’s also important is the SUV’s dedication to safety — so much…
More Blogs What is Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance? Learn More Service Center Safety and Security on the Road Although the road can be unpredictable, Mercedes-Benz owners will take comfort in certified and quick help if something goes wrong. Thanks to the Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance program, Mercedes-Benz owners who experience vehicle trouble while away from home can…
More Blogs How Much Can the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE Tow? Learn More Mercedes-Benz GLE Inventory If you are wondering how much the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE can tow, our staff at Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills are here to help. The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 300 4MATIC® will be able to tow up to 7,700 pounds when…