Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills has put one together on your behalf.
•Do your research
•Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
•Inspect the vehicle
•Take a test drive
•Get a vehicle history report
•Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
• Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
• Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
• Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
• Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive from El Dorado Hills to Rancho Cordova, making sure you can reach up to 60 mph. You want to know the vehicle can handle going longer distances, as well as around Folsom streets.
• Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
• Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership to avoid scams. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $15,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle.
Check Out Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills
You should find a wide selection of used Mercedes-Benz vehicles and non-Mercedes-Benz vehicles in our inventory. Also, be sure to check out our blog for more tips, from preparing your car for summer to when you should change your oil.
More Mercedes-Benz Blogs Why Visit Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills? New Inventory Service Center A Customer-Centric Mercedes-Benz Dealership A Mercedes-Benz driver has elevated taste and even higher standards for superior customer service. As this is a statement of fact, Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills has built our dealership on a foundation of exceptional service, support,…
More Blogs Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills: Only Genuine Parts Learn More Order Parts Online Are Genuine Parts Really Necessary for Auto Repair? There’s no comparison when assessing the high quality of the luxury sedans and SUVs available from our Mercedes-Benz dealer in El Dorado Hills. The same concept applies to auto parts when you…
More Blogs Order Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts Online Parts Center Order Parts Choose Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills for Auto Parts Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills is your go-to dealership for new and pre-owned luxury vehicles. But we’re also home to an excellent service center that’s here to care for your car. In our premier service…