How Has Mercedes-Benz Changed Over the Years?
One of the most iconic and respected nameplates on the streets of Shingle Springs, Mercedes-Benz has a history that stretches all the way back to the end of the 19 th century. Check out these landmark events over the years, and then finance a Mercedes-Benz at Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills!
- 1886 – The Benz Patend-Motorwagen—the world’s first gasoline vehicle—is invented.
- 1901 – Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft created the first Mercedes vehicle.
- 1926 – The first vehicles under the Mercedes-Benz nameplate are produced.
- 1936 – Mercedes-Benz develops its first diesel passenger car.
- 1978 – Mercedes-Benz develops the world’s Antilock Braking System (ABS), a landmark in automotive safety.
- 2002 – PRESAFE® is first developed, a groundbreaking system that helps prepare drivers and passengers for a collision before it occurs.
- 2016 – Introduced on the 2017 E-Class sedan, Car-to-X Communication is the future of auto technology, allowing vehicles to communicate with one another and other traffic and road signs.
Check out Our Blog for More Fun Reads
More Blogs Explore the Safety Features of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE Learn More Service Center Blending Safety and Luxury in a Fine SUV Since its debut in 2015, the Mercedes-Benz GLE became renowned for its smooth rides, sophisticated design and unrivaled comfort. But what’s also important is the SUV’s dedication to safety — so much…
More Blogs What is Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance? Learn More Service Center Safety and Security on the Road Although the road can be unpredictable, Mercedes-Benz owners will take comfort in certified and quick help if something goes wrong. Thanks to the Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance program, Mercedes-Benz owners who experience vehicle trouble while away from home can…
More Blogs How Much Can the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE Tow? Learn More Mercedes-Benz GLE Inventory If you are wondering how much the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE can tow, our staff at Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills are here to help. The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 300 4MATIC® will be able to tow up to 7,700 pounds when…