How Has Mercedes-Benz Changed Over the Years?
One of the most iconic and respected nameplates on the streets of Shingle Springs, Mercedes-Benz has a history that stretches all the way back to the end of the 19 th century. Check out these landmark events over the years, and then finance a Mercedes-Benz at Mercedes-Benz of El Dorado Hills!
- 1886 – The Benz Patend-Motorwagen—the world’s first gasoline vehicle—is invented.
- 1901 – Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft created the first Mercedes vehicle.
- 1926 – The first vehicles under the Mercedes-Benz nameplate are produced.
- 1936 – Mercedes-Benz develops its first diesel passenger car.
- 1978 – Mercedes-Benz develops the world’s Antilock Braking System (ABS), a landmark in automotive safety.
- 2002 – PRESAFE® is first developed, a groundbreaking system that helps prepare drivers and passengers for a collision before it occurs.
- 2016 – Introduced on the 2017 E-Class sedan, Car-to-X Communication is the future of auto technology, allowing vehicles to communicate with one another and other traffic and road signs.
Check out Our Blog for More Fun Reads
Contact Us Online Shopper removes the many hassles of traditional car shopping by letting Folsom and Shingle Springs shoppers buy a car almost entirely online. Start the process by heading to the inventory page for a new Mercedes-Benz or used car; hit “Explore Payment Options” to begin. Online Shopper’s job is to make it easier for…
Contact Us Two of the most notable events in the world of Mercedes-Benz include the production of the Sprinter in 1995 and the Metris ten years later. The new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Metris and ideal for all sorts of industries, but which best suits your business’s everyday tasks? Compare the Sprinter vs. Metris below to…
Contact Us A global automobile mark based out of Germany, Mercedes-Benz is a division of the Daimier AG company. Known for developing a wide array of premium luxury cars, buses, and vans, Mercedes-Benz has its headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany. While development continues to be based out of Germany, there are Mercedes-Benz production factories throughout the…